You couldn’t just tell me which one?
Claire LaZebnik (via 33113)
1. It all started with this day. This was the day that we started talking again. After practice we went to get wings and pizza with our friend. This was the day we started texting eachother. We asked for eachothers number in the car way home just to talk, and we ended up texting in the car.
2. This day we got stuck with eachother. Our friend bailed to hang out with us last minute and then we ended up hanging out just us two. We ate at Point Dume and this was the first time he walked me home. We were really awkward with eachother and didn’t really have anything to talk about. All we’d ever ask eachother is “How’s life?” “What’s up?” “What’s new?” This was basically our conversation the whole time walking.
3. This was the first picture we posted on Instagram when people started to “think” something was going on. This was the first day he ever took me to Barnsdall.
4. This picture, this day, is where “us” began. This was the night we went to eat at CPK. This was the night when he told me he liked me.
5. This was our first real “date/adventure”. We walked to the observatory and hiked. It was a pretty interesting day, we got lost, but all that mattered was the time spent together. This is also the first real decent picture we had together.
6. March 16, 2013. This was an unexpected trip to Disneyland with his fam. This was one of the best days we’ve had together. It was an amazing day.
7. April 12, 2013. This was the day he asked me to be his girlfriend. It was completely unexpected. >_< We went to kbbq, boba time, and then to Barnsdall.
He is my serendipity.
We never expected to like eachother, be a couple, and mean so much to one another.
Everytime I think about how lucky I was to have gone out with my friend that day instead of going home, it makes me appreciate every single moment even more. One little decision can impact your life so dramatically. You never really realize how everything is by chance.
He has made me happy when I needed to be happy the most, to find someone that is your leverage, that balances you out, who has so much in common yet is still so different. Someone that makes the little things count without even trying. Someone that genuinely cares about you by not just telling you, but actually showing you. Someone that loves you unconditionally. Someone that doesn’t take you for granted and appreciates you. Someone that doesn’t have to “tolerate” you or make you feel like the relationship is a chore. Someone that respects you and listens. Someone that puts you first.
They teach you how to love instead of learning how to hate. They open up your heart, that you yourself didn’t know you were even capable of doing. They look at you as if it’s the first day they fell in love with you and they never let you forget your significance in their life.
When you have something that good, hold on to it tight.